M2 scholarships for International students
As part of its Attract mission, the Graduate School Genetics and Epigenetics New Education (Ecole Universitaire de Recherche Génétique et Epigénétique Nouvelle Ecole - EUR GENE) offers each year up to 10 fellowships to foreign students enrolled in the Master 2 of Genetics of the Université de Paris.
For more information on the educational content of the Master 2, visit the website of the European Magistère of Genetics.
Fellowship brochure : plaquette_m2_gene_2020-2021.pdf (897.03 KB)
DESCRIPTION of the funding
- A 5 000€ scholarship
- The payment by the EUR of the internship stipend in a research laboratory of the University of Paris (mandatory 6 months M2 internship)
- Simplified access to CROUS student housing (subject to availability each year)
- Hold a Master 1 (or equivalent) obtained in a country other than France
- Candidates must hold a non-French citizenship
- Completed the application before the call deadline
Note: Although fellowship recipients are considered as accepted into the Master 2, an application for the fellowship does not represent application to the Masters program, which must be carried out via the specific procedure.
Grantees must make sure by themselves that they are in posetion of the required documents to study in France.
- Opening of the call for projects: December 21, 2020
- Closing date for applications: March 28, 2021 (included)
- Preselection notifications and interviews: May 2021
- Selection notifications: begining of June 2021
To apply to the fellowship, fill the form on the application platform: https://eur-gene.app.univ-paris-diderot.fr/44161?lang=en
You can prepare in advance the requested documents that will need to be submitted to the platform. They should be compiled into a signle .pdf file in the following order :
- your complete and up to date curriculum vitae
- courses attended and transcripts for the past three academic years, including the current year
- copies of your diplomas (NB: selected students will be asked to bring the original diplomas on arrival)
- registration certificate for 2020-2021 (if presently enrolled in a higher education institution)
- two letters of reference from academic or research staff, among which at least one belongs to your home university
- English language certificate, if you have one
- a photocopy of your passport - or ID if you are from the EU
- an ID photo
To access the platform, you will first be asked to give your name and email. You will then receive a message containing the link to your application session. This link will allow you to resume filling the application anytime you need to come back an finish it later.
Please note that once you have submitted the form, you will not have access anymore.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can be exempted from prensenting an English language test in the following situations:
- you have the nationality and currently live in an English-speaking country
- you can justify at least one year of successful higher education studies in an English-speaking country (English course)
Please specify your situation at the dedicated place in the application file. The supporting documents must be included in the file.
Registration in Master 2 can be done by candidates who have obtained at least 240 ECTS during their higher education.
This is the case of the M1 in France, or for example BSc Honors in Great Britain. For countries not following the Bologna process, the files can be studied from 4 years of validated higher studies before the start of the M2.
At the time of application for the scholarship and the M2 of Genetics, candidates may be in the process of obtaining their fourth year of higher studies or 240 ECTS. Registration in M2 will then be subject to validation of the current year of study.
In order for your file to be processed, it is essential that it be sent as a single pdf file.
There are many free programs to merge several pdf files into one, such as pdf24, pdf Creator ... There are also sites that can do it directly online, such as smallpdf.com or others.
In order to facilitate the evaluation work, please make sure that the elements are in the order indicated on the first page of the form.
To apply to the Master’s degree (independently from the fellowship), and depending on your country of citizenship, you should either :
- follow the Etudes en France procedure https://www.campusfrance.org/en/application-etudes-en-france-procedure (the list of the countries is on the webpage)
- or follow the e-candidat procedure (the platform will only open mid-April), link will be on this page : http://www.magisteregenet.univ-paris-diderot.fr/spip.php?article17#top
As long as the other funding source' s regulations allows it and do not conflict with the G.E.N.E. Fellows obligations, yes.