As part of its Graduation mission, the Graduate School Genetics and Epigenetics New Education (EUR GENE) created a Transition Post-Doc Program to fund recent PhD graduates transitioning between the end of their PhD and the start of a postdoc in a different laboratory. This funding offers a unique opportunity to complete the thesis project and maximize publications from their thesis lab. The grantees will participate in mentoring responsibilities within the EUR G.E.N.E.
- 1 to 12 months post-doc salary
- To be in the process of obtaining a PhD in a doctoral school of the EUR G.E.N.E. (BioSPC, HOB)
- To be in the process of obtaining a PhD in a laboratory of the EUR G.E.N.E. (University of Paris)
- Have an estimated defense date in 2019
- To work on a subject linked to the EUR GENE
- Not yet benefited from this funding program
- Have submitted a complete application form during the opening period of calls for projects
The contract will start after the completion of the PhD
- Application Deadline: June 20th, 2019
Applications are sent through an online platform. It will be necessary to upload a pdf file, that you can prepare in advance, containing:
- The Research proposal (4 pages max)
- CV (1 page max)
- List of your publications
- Letter from the laboratory supporting the candidate and commiting to the defense before the end of 2019
All the above should be fused into a single PDF file entitled YOURNAME_gene_tpd2019.pdf
Note: The research proposal should contain:
- State of the art (1/2 page + 5 references)
- General Objective of the Project
- Results obtained during the PhD (1 page max)
- Research plan, expected results and outcomes for the transition post-doc period (please justify the length of the funding requested)
- Candidate’s motivation and potential contribution to the objectives of the EUR G.E.N.E.
- 5 recent major publications of the host team
Access the application form through the following link: https://enquetes.app.univ-paris-diderot.fr/419365?lang=fr where you will be asked to fill your first name (Prénom) Name (Nom) and email address (courriel). You will then receive a personal link to the platform, allowing you to save your answers if you need to come back to the form later.
Contact for any questions regarding this program: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for your file to be processed, it is essential that it be sent as a single pdf file.
There are many free programs to merge several pdf files into one, such as pdf24, pdf Creator ... There are also sites that can do it directly online, such as smallpdf.com or others.
In order to facilitate the evaluation work, please make sure that the elements are in the order indicated on the first page of the form.